ARTICLE 1. PRIVACY INFORMATION
- “Privacy Information” refers to all kinds of information pertaining to you.
1.2 As a part of the Privacy Information, “Personal Information” has the same meaning as the term “Personal Information” set forth in the Act of the Protection of Personal Information (Law number: Act No.57 of 2003), and refers to information which can be used to identify you as a specific individual such as your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information or other such information.
1.3 As a part of the Privacy Information, “History and Characteristic Information” means Privacy Information other than Personal Information defined above, including, but not limited to, information about Services you have used, products you have purchased, history of the websites and advertisements you’ve viewed, keywords you have used when searching, date and time when you have used Services, how you have used our website, utilization environment, zip code, gender, occupation, age, IP address, cookie information, geographical location, individual identification information of your device.
ARTICLE 2. COLLECTING PRIVACY INFORMATION
2.1 The Company may ask for your Personal Information including your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number and driver’s license number when registering with our website. The Company may collect information from our business partners (including, but not limited to, sources of information, advertisers and distributing destinations of advertisements; hereinafter referred to as “Partners”) relating to transaction or payment which is done between you and Partners, including your Personal Information which Partners retain.
2.2 The Company shall collect your History and Characteristic Information, including Services and software you have used, products you have purchased, history of websites and advertisements you’ve viewed, keywords you have used when searching, date and time you have used the Services, how you used the Services, utilization environment (including network status of your mobile phone and various types of setting information at the time you used the Services, in case you use the Services via your mobile phone), IP address, cookie information, geographical location, individual identification information of your device, when you use the Services or the services of Partners, or when you view some pages of our website.
ARTICLE 3. PURPOSE OF GATHERING AND USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company shall collect and use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To display your registered information including your name, address, contact information and payment method, and information relating to the Services you have used and products (including the price) you have purchased, in order for you to be able to access and modify your registered information and view your utilization status;
- To use your email address in order to send you a notification or to contact you, and to use contact information including your name and address in order to send you a product or, if necessary, to contact you;
- To use information including your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, Paypal account number, driver’s license number, delivery data of certified mail, in order to confirm your identification;
- To use information including the name and quantity of products you have purchased, type and period of the Services you have used, and frequency with which you use the Services, billing amount, your name, address, bank account and credit card number, in order to charge you for your purchase(s);
- To display your registered information in order for you to be able to input your data smoothly, and to forward your registered information to other services (including the services which Partners provide) upon your request;
- To use information which is necessary to provide you with the Services including details of your inquiry and contents of invoice, and information about your utilization status and contact information, in order to answer your inquiry; and
- To use for other purposes accompanying thereto.
ARTICLE 4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
4.1 The Company shall not disclose Personal Information to third parties without your prior consent unless otherwise allowed under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Law number: Act 57 of 2003) or other laws and regulations; provided, however, that the following cases do not apply:
- In cases where the Company is required to disclose Personal Information under laws or regulations;
- In cases where the provision of Personal Information is necessary for the protection of life, body or property pertaining to you or other person, and where it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- In cases where the provision of Personal Information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting healthy child growth, and where it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- In cases where the provision of Personal Information is necessary for cooperating with a national government organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted thereby with performing the functions prescribed by laws or regulations, and where obtaining your consent is likely to impede the execution of the affairs; and
- In cases where Company notifies or announces the following contents in advance:
- The fact that the provision of Personal Information to a third party constitutes the purpose of use;
- The items of Personal Information to be provided to a third party;
- The means or manner of provision to a third party; and
- The fact that the provision of such Personal Information to a third party will be discontinued upon your request.
4.2 Notwithstanding the provision of ARTICLE 4.1 above, the following individual or business operator shall not be deemed a third party:
- In cases where the Company entrusts with all or part of the handling of Personal Information within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use;
- In cases where Personal Information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to a merger or other such circumstances; and
- In cases where Company uses Personal Information together with a specific business operator as well as notifying you in advance of the items of Personal Information which the specific business operator jointly uses, the extent of the joint users, the users’ purpose of use, and the name of the business operator responsible for managing Personal Information, or Company makes the foregoing information readily accessible to you in advance.
ARTICLE 5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO YOU
5.1 The Company shall disclose your Personal Information which the Company retains without delay upon your request; provided, however, that in falling under any of the following items, Company may make a decision to keep all or part of the retained Personal Information undisclosed, and in this case, Company shall notify you of the decision without delay:
- In cases where disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of you or other persons;
- In cases where disclosure is likely to seriously interfere the proper implementation of the Company’s business; and
- In cases where disclosure violates any other laws or regulations.
When the Company discloses the retained Personal Information to you, the Company shall charge you 1,000 Japanese yen (\1,000) as handling fee.
5.2 Notwithstanding the provision of ARTICLE 5.1 above, the Company, in principle, shall not disclose information (including, but not limited to, History Information and Characteristic Information) other than your Personal Information.
ARTICLE 6. CORRECTION OR DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
6.1 In cases where your Personal Information is contrary to the fact, you may request Company to correct or delete that information in accordance with a procedure stipulated separately by the Company.
6.2 In cases where the Company concluded that it is necessary to cater to your request above, the Company shall correct or delete that information and notify you of it without delay.
ARTICLE 7. DISCONTINUANCE OF THE UTILIZATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ETC.
In cases where you request the Company to discontinue using or to erase (hereinafter referred to as “Discontinuance etc.”) the retained Personal Information on the grounds that such retained Personal Information is being handled outside the scope of its purpose or has been acquired by unlawful means, the Company shall conduct the necessary investigations without delay, and where it is found that the request is valid as a result of the investigation, the Company shall implement Discontinuance etc. of the retained Personal Information and notify you of it; however, the Company may take alternative measures to protect your rights and interests, if the cost of Discontinuance etc. of the retained Personal Information is too large or otherwise difficult to implement.
ARTICLE 9. CONTACT FOR INQUIRIES
Carillon Limited Liability Company.
Address: 4-2-12 2F, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Contents on the website have been carefully created and managed; however, the Company does not guarantee their accuracy and completeness. The Company shall not be liable to you for any damage whether it is direct or indirect, arising from the use of the website,
WEBSITE ADVERTISING POLICY